BMW Werkz banner

How would you handle this?

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Teh Prof 
#1 ·
Ok, some background - 1996 318iS Motorsport, 230000 km on the clock - went for full service, suspension, brakes, everything on 1 December 2008.

Got my car back, and it sounded like there was a bit of metal knocking against metal. Went back to the dealership, they hoisted it up, looked around and came to the conclusion that it was the suspension shroud that was slightly loose. I accepted this, as they showed me, and it did sound pretty much the same. Eventually, I became immune to the noise.

Fast forward to today!

After a spirited drive, I arrive in town, and go over a speed bump - CLANK! I thought, ok, that doesnt sound like it should. Everytime I went over a bump, I heard the CLANK! I came to the conclusion that it was a) the shock mount or b) the shock bolts.

Arrive home, crank the car up... hmm - suspension is tight... pull the wheel off - bloody hell, the damn bolts didnt even need to be cranked to get off!! Ok... poke a bit more - oh look - THE DAMN BRAKE CALIPER IS BEING HELD ON BY 1 BOLT THAT HAS BACKED ITSELF HALF WAY OUT ALREADY!!!

So I end up begging a neighbour for a bolt that fits, and sorting it out myself..

Here's the question - what do I say or do to the dealership?

See less See more
#3 ·
Go back!! :mad :guns "Evil Dead" Style, crank that Chain Saw up, and go to town screaming :f-u

seriously though i would make them fix it. The way i see it is, had a doctor accidently missed stitching the aorta in your girlfriend's chest together after surgery and sent her on her way, he should be hung! Same goes for a stealer ship and my car. . . especially being something as crucial as brakes.

if it hasnt been a long time from when they worked on it and your pissed off enough, you could end up with other great perks such as free oil changes for 2 years like i did for a piss poor install of a o2 sensor from the stealer ship.

"i mean honestly who cuts the connectors off and simply twists the wire together using electrical tape?!?! the plug is there for a reason right?!?"

Its always been my rule to double check anything the stealer ship does before driving it off of the lot.

#4 ·
"i mean honestly who cuts the connectors off and simply twists the wire together using electrical tape?!?! the plug is there for a reason right?!?"
Wow. Now THAT one goes in the hall of fame.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.