BMW Werkz banner

How Many Parts Make Up An Stock E36?

5K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  Delmarco 
#1 ·
:confused

I'm talking all the screws, panels, engine parts, seats, door panel parts, dash parts, light switches, struts, bolts, fog lights, tire jack, tool kit components.....just about everything that would have a "parts number"....

how many parts made up an original E36 car when these cars came off the assembly line?

and where can one find this information?

my guess would be like 734 parts in the average e36 car!

#3 ·
..they don't even ask questions like that on "Who want to be a millionaire!" :confused :wtf

#5 ·
Probably over 10,000. one site said on avergae there are about 10,00 parts on every car.

#8 ·
It depends on how you look at it.
An instrument panel, for example, can be considered one component (because that is how it is shipped by the supplier) or a few hundred because of all the sub components in the assembly.
Regardless there are alot of parts that go into a car.

#14 ·
Originally posted by drz328i+Jan 3 2005, 01:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(drz328i @ Jan 3 2005, 01:21 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-abemcclellan@Jan 3 2005, 02:21 AM
[snapback]263051[/snapback]​
That sounds about right, if you don't count the wheels.
[snapback]263052[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

lol. naw man, i was answering the question about the tootsie pop.

#17 ·
Originally posted by robbins6103@Jan 3 2005, 02:00 AM
who cares....???
[snapback]263075[/snapback]​
Obviously not you! :p

#19 ·
actually. i worked in germany in a BMW shop. and they always asked us these random question that supposedly make us better at building these cars. and this was one of the topics. and all the parts that have stock numbers on them that u can order individually was 5876.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.