BMW Werkz banner

how long can.....

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  El Presidente 
#1 ·
how long can u drive on your brake pads after the brake pad wear warning light has come on??

#2 ·
not too long. you dont want the rivets eating up your rotor

#6 ·
the person who owned my car before me did not pay the extra $10 to have the damn sensor put in.

I drove on mine until they started to squeal like hell and found out while rotating my tires I had almost no pad left and was eating up the rotor bad.

If you want to upgrade rotors, you can wait a little longer to save that money up if you need to, but if you dont act quick enough then you will have to resurface or buy new rotors.

#12 ·
plus a guy that works for my dad owns a preowned bmw/ porsche dealer and his best friend happens to own a bmw werkshop in the same building, so i think i can get a hook up.

#13 ·
I did my pad and rotor replacement myself with another guy who works at dealerships on hand should I do something wrong. It's real simple. The heardest part was pushing the calipers back out. But since you have a hookup it wont matter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.