BMW Werkz banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How to install a remote central locking module on the existing central locking system

14K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  witeshark 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have a E36 325i. Ofcource I'm very hapy with it, but I want to install a RC central locking module in my car and I can't find a good manual for the E36. Can anybody help me with this?

I've read a few times about a factory outlet plug under the right side of the dash, but when I looked (I've removed the glove compartmentbox) there were alot of wires etc, but no plug.

Thanx in advance,

Simon

#3 ·
I've opened the dash 3 times already to search for the plug, but it's not there where yours is. I've also looked if it was hidden behind other cables/boxes etc, but no luck. Can you tell me from what area the cables of this connector come from? Then I know where to look.

Thanx!

Simon

#10 ·
Is the car "pre-wired" for keyless entry?

Does yours have the "Pre-Wired for Keyless Entry" badge in the trunk liner? If not then you'll have to splice into the electric door lock wiring, usually in the trunk harness. Use a good keyless entry system with internal relays like the Viper 712 or you'll be replacing them every year.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.