How to fix - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2004, 05:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
john_18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Alright obviously this only applies to any "IS" BMW, but if anyone knows how I can fix it let me know. The drivers seat of my car won't fold down so Ican't let people in the back seat from the drivers side. ghead When I lift up on the latch to lean the seat over it just slides back and forth. No where in the range motion does it feel like it is grabbing something within the seat to lean it forward. The passenger side works great. Has anyone had this problem before and how can I fix it? Thanks.

-John
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2004, 08:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Trevman328is is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey John, I am having the same problem on my 1998 328is with the passenger seat. you move the lever up and down and the seat will not budge ghead
If someone can help me and John that would be awsome
-Trevman
Trevman328is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 10:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Benvo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by john_18@May 10 2004, 05:52 PM
Alright obviously this only applies to any "IS" BMW, but if anyone knows how I can fix it let me know. The drivers seat of my car won't fold down so Ican't let people in the back seat from the drivers side. ghead When I lift up on the latch to lean the seat over it just slides back and forth. No where in the range motion does it feel like it is grabbing something within the seat to lean it forward. The passenger side works great. Has anyone had this problem before and how can I fix it? Thanks.

-John
I am having the same problem in my 95 325is, has anybody fixed this yet?
Benvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 11:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car: 2010 (Prefer not to say here).
Photos:
thekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to thekid Send a message via AIM to thekid
I'm not sure this will be alotta help, but does the seat in question tilt back and forth? (obviously when you pull the tillt lever for seat adjustment) Also is the cable underneath the seat that the lever messes with intact? On my celica that cable broke and the seat would only slide forward if you pushed it and wouldn't lean forward at all. But then I replaced cable and it slid forward it's self when you pulled it and leaned forward.... hope that helps... and hope BMW uses a cable as welll... if not pls disregared.

edit: WOOT 300th post!!!
thekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 11:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
camnipotent is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to camnipotent Send a message via MSN to camnipotent
I don't know how to fix this problem, but I do know BMW does use a cable. It may have broke or come off it's mounting.
2 12&quot; Rockford Fosgate Subs; Sealed
1.0 Farad Capacitor
800 Watt 2-Way Rockford Fosgate Amplifier</span></span>
camnipotent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 12:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Silver4evr is an unknown quantity at this point
What year is your car?

2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition
Silver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)