BMW Werkz banner

How Do I Take Off Interior Door Panels?

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  dutchbmw 
#1 ·
Okay I just ordered new interior leather panels with the interior chrome door handles...(NOTE: It's actually the entire door panel on the inside speakers/map pockets and all...and not little patch that surrounds the interior door handle)

I want to switch them myself and I've heard somewhere long long ago that they are alot of tiny plastic clips holding the interior plastic panel to the exterior metal door panel.

Is this true?
Any tips and advice?

Thanks guys...I will reward you with nice pictures when I'm done this mod! :cheers

#6 ·
Originally posted by bitcore+Jun 1 2005, 09:39 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bitcore @ Jun 1 2005, 09:39 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-bimmer3214@Jun 1 2005, 09:16 AM
where did you get the door panels because i need some
[snapback]349245[/snapback]​
Ditto
[snapback]349265[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

I got all 4 panels off ebay used/good condition from a 97 M3 sedan for $150.
From the pictures it look like the come ith speakers as well.

I got the Chrome trim interior door handles at $40 a pop from ebay as well!

Just check ebay and do a search for: Car and Truck Parts :BMW E36: Interiors: Door Panels

Be Patient as well....
It took me about 6 months of watching/bidding/searching before getting the color I want at the price that i could afford!

I've seen similar panels go for $450 once with 40 bids on it.

#8 ·
Del, you're all about ebay huh! lol

nice purchase! good luck, and take some b4 and after pics!

u should really get some door pannel clips from ebay too... since your gunna pay 50 cents each at a dealer..

#9 ·
EBAY is the way....but E36 parts are always hot and someone is always ready to outbid you if you don't bring it!

Patience is the key...I
couldda bought these exact panels last December that went up to $450 in 35 bids, but I was like I'll wait and see if I could get them for under $300 and 6 months later I did!!!!

In fact now i think about it...all my main mods came from ebay!

New OEM Rims/Tires set = $439
Chrome Grill = $40
New sealed E36 Leather Armrest = $100
AC Burlwood E36 Auto Shifter = $40
E36 Mats = $38
Door panels = $160
Interior Chrome Door handles = $40
TOM TOM GO Navagation System = $450
E36 Chrome tail pipe trim = $15 (sent back...it was for a 318ti not 318i)
E36 Flip Key Alarm FOB = $25

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.