BMW Werkz banner

How Do I Get Access To My Battery?

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  jshearer 
#1 ·
I have a 1997 328i that I've had for about 4 months and my battery is going dead. I popped the hood and i know where the terminals are, but how do I get to the battery? I need detailed instructions if possible. Thanks a lot

#6 ·
Originally posted by Styles5001@May 3 2005, 03:36 PM
I have a 1997 328i that I've had for about 4 months and my battery is going dead. I popped the hood and i know where the terminals are, but how do I get to the battery? I need detailed instructions if possible. Thanks a lot
[snapback]340520[/snapback]​

It's under the tray on the right side. Snap out tray.

#7 ·
1: Open trunk with BMW key
2: Pull out black tray on right hand side
3: Pull back carpet from right to left
4: Look at battery
5: Disconnect both positive and negative with screwdriver and pliers(if needed)
6: Pull out battery(it is going to be heavy so be warned)

Sorry this might be kinda a*hole but i thought it was funny. Is that detailed enough. Actually I have had to jump start a bunch of different cars(working valet) and the trunk battery is pretty common with european cars. I had to look for it before I got my car.

Edit: I forgot to throw in the smiley to make it a joke.

:p

#8 ·
Originally posted by jshearer@May 3 2005, 06:14 PM
1: Open trunk with BMW key
2: Pull out black tray on right hand side
3: Pull back carpet from right to left
4: Look at battery
5: Disconnect both positive and negative with screwdriver and pliers(if needed)
6: Pull out battery(it is going to be heavy so be warned)

Sorry this might be kinda a*hole but i thought it was funny. Is that detailed enough. Actually I have had to jump start a bunch of different cars(working valet) and the trunk battery is pretty common with european cars. I had to look for it before I got my car.

Edit: I forgot to throw in the smiley to make it a joke.

:p
[snapback]340601[/snapback]​
Yes, that is how you locate and take out the battery. :laughhead: :lmao2

#12 ·
Originally posted by Fadec40@May 3 2005, 09:03 PM
Wait until he replaces the battery and has to enter the radio code (if he has original radio) and when his OBC reverts back to German!
[snapback]340633[/snapback]​
I forgot about that. If your battery is dead when ever you unhook it, it will reset alot of stuff in your car. The stock radio has a CODE that you will need to get it working again, you can go to the dealer and they will get the number off the radio and look up the code for you(don't let them charge you anything for this by the way). The German computer I have heard of but it did not happen to me, so let us know if you have trouble with that.

We all give you some crap but are more than willing to help you out. Let us know if you have problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.