BMW Werkz banner

How to Disassemble the window/motor/regulator assembly

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  maxslomoff 
#1 ·
-->is it best to drill out the rivets? or hammer them out?

the inside of the rivet is curved so it doesn't provide a nice seat for the drill bit which bounces arround and makes a messy hole.

--> i assume i can use pop rivets to re-attach the assembly. is this correct? all i have in terms of rivet work is a pop rivet gun.

there are four rivets around the motor and then one black rivet that attaches the frame of the assebly to a track which extends to the inside of the door frame where it is held in by a screw on the other side
--> what do i do about this track?

thanks a lot for your time.
max

ps. also, anyone know what that black gummy stuff is that sticks the foam sheet to the door frame.

#4 ·
Well, it was probably taken out. The size of the file is about 92MB. If you can't find it then I can help you to have it. I have it saved to my computer. hmm, do you have limewire or the such. or we can do trough the yahoo or hotmail messenger. send me a message as to what day and time you want to meet online so you can get the file.

#5 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.