how can i swap a M3 power into my 94 hartop convertible 325i. - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2008, 02:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car: 94 325 / 93 MR2 turbo...
Photos:
saylee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to saylee
Talking how can i swap a M3 power into my 94 hartop convertible 325i.

hey wsup...i wanna swap a M3 motor into my 325i...its a 94...but iono wat i have to do...i wana do it so its legal and i can pass emissions..please help me if any of you guys know any resources...thank you and God Bless

" The path of righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day."

Proverbs 4:18
saylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2008, 07:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car: 2010 (Prefer not to say here).
Photos:
thekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to thekid Send a message via AIM to thekid
There's been many posts about this. As a rule of thumb, if you hvae to ask what is needed it is best to just go to a mechanic and give them a blank check and expect to pay them more than what you payed for your car.
thekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Pandemonium Director

Car: turbo 325is, 325es, Audi a4 turbo
Photos:
nukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to nukeduster Send a message via MSN to nukeduster
a very large hammer.
nukeduster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 02:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car: Needs momentum
Photos:
theruss1an1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to theruss1an1
Cheapest and easiest way to go would be to use a s50 out of the 95 m3.

-Serge
theruss1an1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Keep it Copacetic

Car: 1995 BMW M3
Photos:
///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
There's no cheap or "easy" way. Also, by the fact you used words like "iono" and alluding to the rest of your grammar i'd assume you're young, possibly nieve, and either lacking the funds or don't have enough motivation to complete the project.

Sorry, i'm a dick.

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
///M Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Photos:
thanks m power...but criticizing me doesn't make me feel bad about how i talk...But if you wanna talk about money..thas somethin you on't know...plus...if you wanna talk bout funds i got more than enough....if you got a problem with given help then dont give none....OH WAIT, YOUR PROBABLY TO OLD AND HAVE TO MUCH MONEY TO HELP SOMEONE OUT..thank you...and feel good about yourself...MOTIVATION...lol...obviously your motivated to talk shit and make yourself unhelpful to this thread...so peace..

for the rest of the users who helped me out...thanks alot...yall are really helpful...

" The path of righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day."

Last edited by saylee; 03-23-2008 at 01:27 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car: 2010 (Prefer not to say here).
Photos:
thekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to thekid Send a message via AIM to thekid
Quote:
Originally Posted by saylee View Post
thanks m power...but criticizing me doesn't make me feel bad about how i talk...But if you wanna talk about money..thas somethin you on't know...plus...if you wanna talk bout funds i got more than enough....if you got a problem with given help then dont give none....OH WAIT, YOUR PROBABLY TO OLD AND HAVE TO MUCH MONEY TO HELP SOMEONE OUT..thank you...and feel good about yourself...MOTIVATION...lol...obviously your motivated to talk shit and make yourself unhelpful to this thread...so peace..

for the rest of the users who helped me out...thanks alot...yall are really helpful...
You are new so I will be nice in saying this. At least every other new member on these forums seems to ask about this question. We simply get tired of typing the same thing over and over again and nothing ever comes of it. I can honestly not think of one new person here that has ever seriously started to do an engine swap that had to ask for the sort of general information that you are asking for.

If you have the money to do it, go to a reputable BMW shop in your area and tell them what you want to do. Then wait a few months and expect to pay them in excess of.... I'd guess around six thousand dollars. If you want to do it yourself, buy a beater car because you will need at least 6 months to complete the swap. If you really want some help, start the project, (taking the motor/tranny out etc etc) and take some pictures along the way. I promise you if you start it, you will get help. Then you can post all of the pictures and step by step instructions and they will be read by every e36 noobie out there and all will sing praises to your name.

But lets face it, you prolly just thought it would be cool and are never ever really going to do it.

edit: the lest you could do if you are serious is read through the 16 pages of posts about this. BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com - Search Results Then ask whatever informed questions you want.

Last edited by thekid; 03-23-2008 at 07:55 PM.
thekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Photos:
thas wsup....ill post pics while its in the process...i just got a motor and tranny and all the wiring and etc....ill post pics while the motors being taken out too....good lookin..

Old 03-25-2008, 03:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Keep it Copacetic

Car: 1995 BMW M3
Photos:
///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
Ask a real question that couldn't be answered by the 16 pages of search results on this exact topic that thekid has posted and then i'd be willign to help you out. Asking general questions like "How do I put an M Power motor" in my 325 and then pretending like you actually know what you're doing is very hard to believe. Which motor do you want to put in? An s50b30? An s52b32? s50b32? Sir, if you were serious you would've gone into more detail than saying I want an M3 motor. Be honest and think how many new members join a forum and say "I want to turbo my car, what do I need?" It's absurd.

And you should probably have gone through my profile t realize i'm neither old, nor rich. Just 21, broke, college student, work full time. Now who's stereotyping?

Ask a more detailed question please.

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
///M Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Photos:
thank you m power....maybe being a dick does make someone realize something...well m power your right...i should be more specific..well i got the 95 s50 motor complete with the tranny and etc...as you know...it does seem alot harder than i thought...but i'll be patient...thanks for the heads up guys...guess i was being a dick the whole time...my bad...guess i got off on the wrong foot..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)