hose's - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 02:05 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
jonnyboicossie is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
hose's

i bought a set of roosemotorsport gold hose's off ebay for my 316 bmw cnt wait till they come. can anyone tell me how much all the hose's will cost me to get fitted as the money flow is'int at the best lol? also will this improve the speed and acceleration of the car some 1 told me it will breath better. just want other poeples opinion many thanks jonny.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 02:31 AM
Neutral Member

garbone is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to garbone

What the heck are those??? Hoses that lead to brake ducts?

#3 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 01:04 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)

silicone hose's mate check it out on the link above got them 2day roosemotorsport are fitting them for me 2 for 20 labour i gotta buy the power steering fluid and antifreeze tho so ill be going to all the bmw shows this year
#4 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 01:19 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
silicone hose's mate check them out on ebay Roose Motorsport BMW 3 series E36 Ancillary hose kit, got them 2day. roosemotorsport are fitting them for me 2 for 20 labour i gotta buy the power steering fluid and antifreeze tho so ill be going to all the bmw shows this year[/QUOTE]
#5 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 12:03 AM
Neutral Member

so let me get this straight. your expecting to see top speed and acceleration increases from a silicone hose kit and your gonna have some one else cut them to length at cost instead of fitting them your self??

questions
1. how would silicone hoses provide performance in these areas? Is there a hose that replaces part of the intake it self instead of attaching to it?

2. what Filter are you attaching to the end of that hose if it is supplied?

3. why dont you just cut them your self. all it takes is a cutting device such as a razor or wire cutters, with some time and patience taking little by little off at a time.

i dont understand questions like these.

if a hose doesnt replace a section of the actual intake you wont see any gains for top speed or acceleration. just reliability.
#6 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 01:23 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
the hose's are already cut so no need and you get the intake hose with the kit which i bought a itg air filter from roosemotorsport as well. i have a show car so the hose's make the enigine bay better to look at and the person what fitted them is a fully qualified bmw specailist mechanic who works for roosemotorsport. they are also 24 carrot gold plating my rocker cover in the future when its finished ill send pictures so you can see for yourself

jonny
#7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Neutral Member

oooookkkkkk. . . no offense to you sir but this thread is worthless. but im happy you like your hose kit and intake. i prefer fuction over form but thats just my $.02. i dont fix things that arent broken and im not going to let someone else install hoses on my car at cost when myself or even my little sister could install them for free. again no offense to you.

With your hose that replaces part of the intake and that filter you'll get roughly 4-8 horses and im not even gonna bother with torque cause its early and im already pissed i wasted time on this.
#8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 02:17 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
well i know the hose from the rocker cover to the breather valve on the 4 cylnder engines are very common for getting weak and suck in meaning the engine will run rough and it will split the diafram inside the breather valve. and the induction hose is common for splitting so if this does happen ppl will have to pay mechanics to diagnose the problem which will cost more than the full set of hose's. so maybe for you this tread is pointless but for ppl with the same engine as mine its a big money saver and makes the enigine bay look better . no offence

jonny
#9 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Neutral Member

I dont know what your saying but im sure people have enough brains to figure out if a rubber hose needs replaced. It deoesnt take some specialized dealership mechanic to troubleshoot a rubber hose. alright im done. . . . i dont need to come into thie thread anymore.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)