BMW Werkz banner

HID Install, foglight problem

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  SHAHAB323IS 
#1 ·
hey guys, finally got my new halo eyes with HID's. they work great and everything is running fine. but i am running into one issue. my foglights no longer work. not sure if this is important but my highbeams are disconnected right now because i need to get new bulbs for them. so theres nothing in there right now. both of my foglights are out for some strange reason ever since this install, and the light on the dash of course doesn't turn on whether i hit the button or not. any suggestions on what it could be? im hoping its an easy fix because i really don't want to take those headlights back out..thanks!

#8 ·
yeah i figured that was the problem.

one more problem i have now run into. the stock bulbs for my high beams say 9005..but my new headlights are H1. so what can i do about getting my highbeams to work?? i just realized this problem :(

any kind of connection changer or something i can find? thanks!
gotta have high beams to pass inspection!

#12 ·
318itx said:
wait. whats the stock bulb for the high beams? i thought it was 9005? or does the actual connection the same for h1? jw thanks!
The stock high beam is 9005. However, the European head lights use either H1 or H7 bulbs in both low and high beams.

#14 ·
You didn't get any pug-n-play connectors with your light kit? That is what you will need, plugs into 9005 conector on one end and plugs into your H1 bulb in the headlight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.