BMW Werkz banner

HELP! Turn Signal not working???

12K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  bimmerboy328i 
#1 ·
:banghead :banghead :banghead

im looking for help on fixing my left corner light. the situation is that about a week ago, the corner "lamp" popped out for some reason while i was driving (no bump, no hitting anything, just popped out), and ever since it popped out, the lights haven't ben working correctly. The whole right side of my car blinks fine, they all work perfectly. The left side blinks extremely fast now (side marker and tail light) while the front corner light LIGHTS UP but DOES NOT BLINK??? I'm thoroughly confused at this point, while the "computer check" thing says its "TAIL LIGHT FAILURE".. however i know this is not true because the problem must lie in the front corner since it started acting this way when it popped out and i had to slide it back in.

I have tried to switch fuses (including the flasher relay), I bought new bulbs for all lights (corner light, sidemarker, and tail light) and nothing has worked.

WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE?? SOMEONE HELP ME! :help

#2 ·
Check the wires that connect to the front corners, maybe one is shorted? Turn your emergency flasher on and take a meter and see if you can find a problem with any of the wires.

#3 ·
make sure all your connections are firmly in place. Do you have Non OEM clears? I had them and this happened to me at about 75 mph. The actual base of the plug for the light seat came loose. popped back in no prob, fixed it.

ps. I now have OEM clears. no probs since.

#4 ·
I also had problem with non OEM bulbs in the taillights and license place lights. When I replaced one, the other one stopped working. Quirky things like that. Since the service manager at the local dealership put in OEMs, I haven't had any problems.

It's really hard to believe how a .50 lightbulb could differ like that from another one, but I'm convinced OEM and non-OEM are not always interchangeable, even for the extrememly small and [seemingly] insignificant pieces.

Just my $0.02

:driving

#5 ·
I purchased some lights on ebay for really low prices. Unfortunately, clear corners from procarautoparts.com or whatever. Any bad experiences with these? does anyone else have them?

Are these products reliable? I don't want to fuck my bmw up.

How much do each of these retail for? OE ones

#8 ·
PCP Victim, muhahaha. Anyway, I made that mistake too. I took a little piece of posterboard and taped it on the light so when I push it, since it doesn't clip in, the paper kind of folds, and it is snug in place. Thinking about ditching them and getting OEM's. As for the taillights, I had that happen with me, but it was because the bulb socket was not in place correctly. My turn signal was fast as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.