BMW Werkz banner

help with rear tail lights

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  bitcore 
#1 ·
hello all
I am new to this list and have recently acquired a 1992 325 IS in nearly mint condition. 57K original pampered miles, conforti chip, Kand N filter cold air induction, anti roll bar, and ansa exhaust. my question is i have a dash indicator warning of a rear brake light failure. i know the bulb holder is somewhat fried so i will replace that but I also understand that these cars have an issue with brake circuit failing. any suggestions on solutions?

thanks

#2 ·
welcome to the forums, nice miles on the nice car!

definetly get the fried brake light holder first, and a brake light circuit is probable. My brake light circuit comes on every once in a while but the lights all still work. The circuit may have too much resistance with the fried holder and that could be the problem.

DIY write up for Brake Light Circuit Failure

#4 ·
another issue with the brakes on the e36 (not common, but not rare either) is for the actual brake pedal sensor to go out itermittently. I fianlly had mine replaced. I think it was something like $40 parts and labor and my indie shop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.