BMW Werkz banner

Help! My a/c will not turn on!

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Jamesr316 
#1 ·
My ac started acting up yesterday. It first started by me trying to turn it on. It did nothing. I tried pushing other buttons and it started. I thought it was just a fluke. Then it happened again but took even longer to start. The symptoms are not display on ac panel. Nothing at all. Now it will not start for nothing. I checked all fuses and relays. I looked in service manual for the relays related to ac. There were two, one for heater/ac and the other for compressor. I swapped with another like relay and it still would not turn on. Does anyone know what it might be? One other symptom is the display turned on but then shut off with some led's still lit up. Help! It will be a hot summer.

#4 ·
When you say it isn't working, do you mean the air isn't cold or there isn't any air at all?

Go to a shop and ask them to check out the freon. If it's gone tell them to top it off and then check for leaks. I paid around $60-$70CDN for them to top it off. According to my mechanic mine isn't leaking. Yet I have to top off every 2 years. Strange.

Bry

#5 ·
:driving
You must not have read my previous post. It is working now. The symptoms were that the air would not turn on at all. The ac control was broken. Not led display at all. Sometimes it would turn on and shut off. Some leds would remain on but no air. Works now. I am happy.

#6 ·
I had this same problem when I first got my car.. it worked when it wanted to. It is really an expensive fix, forgot what they did actually.. ill see if i can find the service report.

#7 ·
Well i dunno what's wrong with my car.
The fan seems to work at any speed and temp. seems ok as well. But the problem is it just comes out from the bottom (towards my feet). I've pressed every single button on the Climate Control, but no air comes from the front or defroster or defogger :banghead
Maybe is somw kind of fuse thats burned or something, i just dunno :pissed2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.