BMW Werkz banner

help me with my gas pedal problem!!

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  325i_man 
#1 ·
i have a 1992 325i and my gas pedal tends to get stuck. when driving the car it is fine but when i come to a stop like at a stop light the gas pedal tends to get stuck and i have to give it a little force before it clicks over and then from there it is fine again. its a 5 speed so its kinda complicated when you have to force the gas pedal over a little few cm before it is soft again. makes it look like i dont know how to drive a stick shift. haha. if anyone has ever had any problems with the gas pedal please let me know. i took it to the shop and they said it could be the butterfly in the throttle body. but to my common sense i'm not that stupid. they told me to adjust the screw from the throttle body so that it will hit my idle cable and that would just make my idle even higher. but if that is the problem please anyone, any answer would be greatly appreciated.!! also can someone send a link for me so that i can maybe disassemble the gas pedal. maybe i just need some lube on the gas pedal??

#3 ·
i havent tired neither of those but i took a look at it and it seems like there is no washer where the pedal is at connecting to the other peice. i'm not to sure on how to explain. only if i had a picture or a diagram of how the gas pedal looks like i can tell you. i've tried looking for one and i just cant seem to find a picture of it. i'm new to the bmw scene and i have really no clue whats what.. came from a honda and acura guy so the bimmer scene is very new to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.