hey whats up
well i disconnected my cars battery about 2 months ago and i went overseas.
when i got back today the car doesnt move i mean it does but it acts like a ruined 1970 honda. it has nooo power what so ever .. it makes a rip rip rip rip noise when im trying to get it to move ... after it moves its soooooooo sloooooooooooooow.
the car shakes at idle
whats goin on ?
there is alooooooot of hesitation
any recommendations ?
what can it be ?
Sounds like your car's electrical system voltage is probably low. (Low battery and alternator isn't charging the system well) ...That or the extra load from your highbeams is just enough to shut off the engine.
1. Check to see if you hooked the cables corectly
2. Make sure the battery is charged, and hook a slow charger up to it overnight for good measure.
3. Check battery fluid level, top off with distilled water if you don't want to buy a new battery. (Fixes the problem, but your battery's amperage capacity won't be as good as a new battery would.)
4. If these don't fix it, check the alternator, it may also be bad. Signs of the alternator being bad or an electrical "leak" are when you fully charge the battery, and after a while, the battery is discharged.
You may need to replace the battery after a deep dischange as well since lead acid batteries don't like deep discharges very much at all.
If this problem you are having turns out not to be electrical-capacity related, I can't help you
hey whats up
ok here are the new details i drove it yesterday for 30min but this morning when i drove it for like 1 sec it felt it had power then went away then powe then went away. like jumping or whatever
the car shakes in idle but i think its much better than before.
in idle when i hold the window button down it feels like its about to turn off.
can it be the alternator ?
spark plugs ?
i was gonna drive it to LA 2hr drive but i need to pick my sis up and dont want any troubles in the middle of the freeway ... (doin 50mph in the freeway)
ill take it tonight for a 1hr drive see what happens ?
but would an oxygen sensor cause the same problem ?
Yeah I still stand by fouling plugs. You could change them, but it doesn't sound like your having anything act up on you that would be bad to go for a drive in, does it run like crap when you're crusing at like 60 or 70?
__________________ Kevin (President TBEA)
"WAAAAAAARRRRRIORS, come out to plaaaaay."
Originally posted by Kevin325i@Jul 17 2004, 09:33 PM Yeah I still stand by fouling plugs. You could change them, but it doesn't sound like your having anything act up on you that would be bad to go for a drive in, does it run like crap when you're crusing at like 60 or 70?
it runs fine at that speed i mean it feels good and smooth but with loss of power .
at those speeds its fine..
so would u recommend changing my plug wires ?
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.