Greetings from down under, I recently purchased a 1993 318is and need a bit of a hand with identifying a few bits and pieces under the hood and in the cabin, the list is as follows.
1. Loose plug in engine bay, passenger side (RHD)
2. Loose connector with 2 points also passenger side only -
3. Loose connector with 3 points on both passenger and driver sides -
4. Loose wiring running from passenger side wiring loom and runs under the plastic radiator cover to driver side (brown/yellow) -
5. Now I am aware that possibly the 3 prong connectors may of been for the fog lights as they are not connected but the seem to have a different socket-
6. An educated guess tells me that these are the switches for the fog lights... but why are there 2 of them?
7. What is the function of the S.E.M switch next to the shifter?
Now the previous owner has installed a new front bar and angel eyes head lights which may have caused some of the wiring to not be completely utilised..
8. I also have an issue with the left front indicator not working, I have replaced the globe and tried to fit the indicator housing from the left to right and the housing/globe seem to be o.k therefore the problem lies within the wiring?
9. I also have an issue with the wipers working intermittently or on "High", could someone advise whether this is a relay issue or the motor itself?
Any suggestions/clarifications would be highly appreciated. thanks.