Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Kissimme, florida
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
|3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.|
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
You have different tiers of coilover kits: |
1) Garbage dampers without adjustment, with garbage springs at fit-all rates that you don't pick. These are basically springs and shocks with adjustable ride height.
2) Garbage dampers WITH adjustment, with garbage springs at fit-all rates that you don't pick.
3) Bilstein based kit with without adjustable dampening and fit-all spring rates (eg H&R)
4) Bilstein based kit WITH adjustable dampening and fit-all spring rates (eg PSS9)
5) Off the shelf Koni based kit with fit-all spring rates (eg FK SIlverline)
6) Off the shelf Koni based kit with different spring rate options (eg Ground Control Street kit)
7) Koni based kit with custom valved, shortened shaft Konis and different spring rate options (eg TC Kline SA, Ground Control Street/School, etc)
8) Custom made dampers with different spring rate options (eg AST, Moton, etc)
When buying a coilover kit, ask yourself a few questions:
1) Do I need the adjustability, over a spring and shock setup?
2) Who makes the dampers, and are they adjustable?
3) Do the dampers have shortened shafts, custom valving,
3) What are the spring rates, are they fit all, do I get to pick my own?
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Will E36 2DR M3 Rear Bumper & Side skirts Fit on a E36 318i 4DR||ChobbsM318||3-Series (E36)||1||02-20-2010 08:14 AM|
|Shop says 93 E34 caster cant be adjusted||wlj619||5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)||3||05-02-2009 03:33 PM|
|E36 Starting without pressing the clutch? 1994 E36 318i||hyper_cool||3-Series (E36)||5||09-25-2007 06:34 PM|
|E36 325i & E36 M3 Exhaust Swap||amarentic||3-Series (E36)||7||04-14-2005 05:43 PM|
|E36 M3 Supersprint Exhaust Fit On E36 328is?||socalguy||3-Series (E36)||4||02-13-2005 11:30 PM|