HELP!! Car Alarm after battery disconnect - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2008, 05:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
VA325 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation HELP!! Car Alarm after battery disconnect

OK, I figured I would replace some dash indicator lights on my 93 325i e36. Since I was going to remove the steering wheel and air bag I disconnected the battery. Got the bulbs replaced, re-installed steering and air bag. Hooked up the battery and the alarm starts blaring. There is a small reset button on the kick panel, looks like a non-factory install. If I turn ignition on and hold the reset the car will start, sounds like no problem right? Pull the key out of the ignition and close the door, about 30 seconds later doors lock by themselves and alarm chirps a couple times. Use key to unlock door and open, alarm starts blaring. I don't have any paperwork on this car, on the OBC there is a button for code, since I don't have a code am I screwed? Is there a master code? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by VA325; 07-05-2008 at 05:45 PM.
VA325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2008, 05:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ich bin der Modifikator

Car: 97'E36 2.8 w/Optional Sport Package
Photos:
johnnyBgood is a jewel in the roughjohnnyBgood is a jewel in the roughjohnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA325 View Post
OK, I figured I would replace some dash indicator lights on my 93 325i e36. Since I was going to remove the steering wheel and air bag I disconnected the battery. Got the bulbs replaced, re-installed steering and air bag. Hooked up the battery and the alarm starts blaring. There is a small reset button on the kick panel, looks like a non-factory install. If I turn ignition on and hold the reset the car will start, sounds like no problem right? Pull the key out of the ignition and close the door, about 30 seconds later doors lock by themselves and alarm chirps a couple times. Use key to unlock door and open, alarm starts blaring. I don't have any paperwork on this car, on the OBC there is a button for code, since I don't have a code am I screwed? Is there a master code? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
I would follow the wiring from the reset button to an alarm fuse, all the aftermarket alarms have them sometimes wrapped in tape.. So just disable it for now! It's worth a shot.....
johnny,

Last edited by johnnyBgood; 07-05-2008 at 06:00 PM.
johnnyBgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
VA325 is on a distinguished road
Oh sure, a guy from Bayonne, NJ telling me to disconnect my BMW car alarm!!! Just kidding, I am looking for an alarm fuse to pull. The doors also now lock all by themselves!
VA325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 07:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ich bin der Modifikator

Car: 97'E36 2.8 w/Optional Sport Package
Photos:
johnnyBgood is a jewel in the roughjohnnyBgood is a jewel in the roughjohnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA325 View Post
Oh sure, a guy from Bayonne, NJ telling me to disconnect my BMW car alarm!!! Just kidding, I am looking for an alarm fuse to pull. The doors also now lock all by themselves!
lol.....Well, I just think you need to disable it 1st, the alarm on our Honda Odyssey stop working & I found the fuse in the alarm wiring blown......
johnny,

How To Shut Off a Car Alarm That Won't Quit | eHow.com
Attached Thumbnails
HELP!! Car Alarm after battery disconnect-alarm-fuse.jpg  

Last edited by johnnyBgood; 07-05-2008 at 07:40 PM.
johnnyBgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)