help! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-03-2006, 11:32 PM
The Messican

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MiguelACA
(Thread Starter)
help!

ok, so the 325 is acting up, again, this happened out of nowhere, i was driving around doing some errands, i get off at a store, come back and turn my car on, it feels a little funny, it shuddered a little, jerked very little, hardly noticable, as i start driving it gets ore noticable, it happens in all gears, as i accelerate the cars startts shuddering, from 2k - 3k rpms is when its most noticable, or for example, if im in 3rd doing 25 or so at around 1500 rpms and i give it some gas it shudders alot, i didnt really notice a power loss, i had my gf's uncle and my cousin check it out real quick and they both told me its the exhaust, what do you guys think? cat? o2 sensor? muffler? its a 95 325i with almost 130k on the clock, i hope its nothing to expensive considering i still have to replace the damn starter...thanks

A morning of awkwardness is better than a night of loneliness
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 12:21 AM
/Banned

preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash
Send a message via AIM to preyash Send a message via MSN to preyash Send a message via Yahoo to preyash
sorry to hear ur gettin in loads of problems with ur car, but i would say have the car completely diagnosed and have all the items fixed before more stuff starts breaking down

Good luck
#3 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 12:23 AM
The Messican

MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
as much as id like to do that, i dont have much cash right now, i jsut paid my skool tuition out of my own pocket

#4 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 02:11 AM
/Banned

preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash
Send a message via AIM to preyash Send a message via MSN to preyash Send a message via Yahoo to preyash
did the flash work
#5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 10:52 AM
The Messican

(Thread Starter)
anyone??? on, and the flashthing worked for some pages, not the ones that had the animations i need it thou thnx

#6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 10:58 AM
2nd Gear Member

e36surge is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to e36surge Send a message via MSN to e36surge
Did you check your GUIBO?

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
- Mario Andretti

1979 320is RiP
1994 318is Sold
1995 325is Sold
1995 530i Sold
2004 M3
#7 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 02:20 PM
The Messican

(Thread Starter)
i read about that in another thread, whats a guibo thou?

#8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 12:19 AM
The Messican

(Thread Starter)
ok, so i took it to my mechanic today, they checked a bunch of things, exhaust, coils, plugs, belts, couldnt figure it out yet, told me to take it back monday to check the timing on it and some other things, i asked him about the guibo, he said hed look into it monday, but more than likely it was something in the engine...help..anyone?

#9 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 12:55 AM
/Banned

Its prolly compression issues, maybe ur pistons are losing compression, but i am not sure cuz 6cyl bimmers are very reliable.
#10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 02:46 AM
The Messican

(Thread Starter)
my stepdad was telling me today that back when he had his e36, it started doing the same thing, turned out to be the alternator wasnt grounding right or about to give or soemthing...would that make my car act all weird??

#11 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 10:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Chaosbunny is on a distinguished road
my car acted pretty weird when my alt was goin bad...... but not like that my OBC would slghtly fade in and fade out along w/the headlights and odometer

1992 318i, Jet Black, Manual
Sirius Satellite Radio
#12 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 01:12 PM
The Messican

(Thread Starter)
i c, when my lat on my 318 went bad, the stereo would start to fade out, but thats it, im hoping it just the alternator

#13 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 11:50 PM
The Messican

(Thread Starter)
ok, so it turned out to be a bad ignition coil, seems like a hole burned through it or something, i replaced it with a stock ignition coil for now, i have to order a replacement from bavauto

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)