BMW Werkz banner

Hello Everyone

3K views 48 replies 15 participants last post by  dutchbmw 
#1 ·
Hello everyone.

Well my name is Julio and as you have probably already figured out from my user name, I have a 325i. Luckily for me, my dad gave it to me. I've been driving it for a few months now with him, since i only have my permit, but will have my license in approximately 21 days 15 hours and 10 minutes....or so. But hey, who's keeping count right? I just wanted to let everyone know that I've been reading up on this forum for quite a while now and have learned SO MUCH from you guys. It's taken me a while to gather up the courage actually post something! Well, thanks again!

-Julio (the newest n00bie)

#2 ·
cool bro, drive that 3 series safely

#5 ·
:welcome dawg.

Wish I would have had such a nice car at that age. I didn't even have a car at 15 or sixteen for that matter. It was seventeen before I aquired my first whip and it was a hand-me-down from my sister. Granted it was an Audio Quattro, but still.....

#6 ·
hey jllphan, yea i feel pretty lucky. i wish i had a picture on here to show u guys. only thing is. my dad doesnt want me modifying the engine at all. but i have "cosmetic freedom", it already has a body kit, spoiler, 17'' Racing Dynamics rims and the M3 side view mirrors. i really wouldnt mind a CAI and possibly an enhaust.

#7 ·
hey jllphan, yea i feel pretty lucky. i wish i had a picture on here to show u guys. only thing is. my dad doesnt want me modifying the engine at all. but i have "cosmetic freedom", it already has a body kit, spoiler, 17'' Racing Dynamics rims and the M3 side view mirrors. so im pretty happy with the outside i really wouldnt mind a CAI and possibly an enhaust.

#9 ·
somebody ban this kid!

just playing.... (damnit tmac, always making dumb contributions :banghead :banghead :banghead ) sometimes im hard on myself

#10 ·
Welcome JRC325i!

Just some advice from an older (relatively speaking) bimmer owner, I remember what it's like to be that age and how tempting it is to show off on the road especially with a car like that. If anyone even tries to talk you into a street race, believe me it's not worth it. It's just not. I know you'd want to kill a ricey honda, but seriously...let them thrash their ugly cars. It's not worth a squirt of piss to play these riceboys dumb games. You'll eventually see them in the ditch on the side of the road anyways.

#11 ·
Wow carey. I must say , and this is not a bad thing, you sound EXACTLY like my father. And i know what you mean. Even with my dad in the car with me. Some of the stupid ricers from my school try to race me! I'm like, are you nuts? My dad has always told me. OK so...you race....what do you have to win? not much really...but what can you lose? everything! I appreciate your words of wisdom and cant wait to be out on the road!

#15 ·
If any of you would like to see a before and after shot of the "debaffled" airbox, I can send those to you, or post them in this thread, keep in mind I have a 318i and the airbox might be slightly different but the "baffle" is the same I think.... someone help clarify this.

#20 ·
:welcome , but yeah, don't race your new baby. Not only could you wreck it, but cops are really hard on street racers, especially younger ones.

#23 ·
Welcome... take it easy for a bit until you know the car.. then take it to the track and start to learn what it can do there...

#24 ·
Thanks a lot for all of your advice. Since you guys are all so keen on my not racing, I'm gonna have to take your word for it, i really wouldnt wanna risk losing my baby, as tempting as it will probably be...and maybe just some new lights, stereo, etc. I live in South Florida with my mom, but i get to see my dad on the weekends, they're divorced :thumbsdown but hey, at least i still get to see them both :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.