Hella Angel Eyes... - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 04:14 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
xad_theman is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
so i was wondering, how good are those hella angel eye kits that run for like $500+?

I know they're well known, does anybody have them?

How bright are the rings?

What about the regular headlights?

Heres two i found on ebay that really caught my eye.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2445444966

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2445984063

anybody have any of those?

I saw a guy today in a e36, and his rings were really bright blue and were actually quite visible, compared to the ones me and my brother put into his e36 from autodynamic. but of course can't complain for $250, a whole set with clear corners...

I might be getting a e36 as well, and would want a kit, was thinking about one of these hella kits.

EDIT: whats the hella website? i found some hella site, but i couldn't find any headlights, just saw "lighting" and stuff like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 09:46 PM
n00b

Let It Roll is an unknown quantity at this point
Xad,

I just bought a 94 325i Auto sedan so I'm a new BMW owner and I've only driven it twice in the dark so far because I'm getting all the work done on it before it becomes my daily driver. First thing I wanted was a light upgrade and I got the Hella kit (foolishly or not I don't know) for I believe about $450 but around $500 with tax and delivery a few weeks ago from Turner Motorsports website. Had it instaled last week and I absolutely love it. Entire system is bright white (rings and beams) and the low and high beams are dynamite as far as brightening the road (will have to see how that is in snow this weekend as I'm in Boston!). Rings seem to be as bright if not brighter when on with fog lamps. I'd recommend them but I recognize that I did pay a price for them and I did not do too much comparison shopping. Oh yes, chrome behind them too - so that may assist in the output. Bought a kit, did not include corners.

Let It Roll
94 325i sedan
#3 (permalink) Old 12-05-2003, 12:46 AM
5th Gear Member

KingScare is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to KingScare
Yeah those look pretty authentic and stuff...i'm also looking to do this upgrade, but whoa that's EXPENSIVE!!!! But it really looks high quality though...

But the ones in the second link look really hot.
#4 (permalink) Old 12-05-2003, 05:56 AM
5th Gear Member

the///man is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont think the hella ones look good. the whole housing is reflective which looks really weird in the day and the rings are thing and small. i would go for the umnitza ones. they are the most renound company when it comes to bmw lighting. they're products are also approved by bmw. you will have to buy the ellipsoid headlights and the DDE(daylight demon eyes) seperately. theres a group buy and sale going on through the forum's sponsor, europersona. check out "the store" section
#5 (permalink) Old 12-05-2003, 07:57 AM
n00b

xad_theman is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
thanx for the help guys

I was looking into Umnitza and i found these:

http://www.umnitza.com/product_info.php?cP...products_id=123

So this is basically entire headlight assembly with DDEs...

So i'm also wondering what kinda bulbs these comes with or if they comes with any at all...

Also, why do ppl get Ellipsoids and DDEs seperate when they can buy a kit like this? Is it somewhat cheaper?
#6 (permalink) Old 12-05-2003, 09:17 AM
n00b

Let It Roll is an unknown quantity at this point
Ahh, I knew someone would find a better deal than I got! Not a problem though. I really was in a rush to just get it done. Definitely solicit as much advice as you can get before purchasing so you get a good read on which set to go with... I Still like mine though! That and the illumination are really what it comes down to with angel eyes! BTW - I was even wrong with my price. I paid about $550 for the set so... OK, you win some you lose some!

Let it Roll
94 325i
#7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 10:05 AM
Neutral Member

schnitz is an unknown quantity at this point
Will the beam leveling motor on the OEM light fit into those Hella angel eyes? Or do they actually come with them???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)