BMW Werkz banner

Hella Angel Eyes...

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  schnitz 
#1 ·
so i was wondering, how good are those hella angel eye kits that run for like $500+?

I know they're well known, does anybody have them?

How bright are the rings?

What about the regular headlights?

Heres two i found on ebay that really caught my eye.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2445444966

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2445984063

anybody have any of those?

I saw a guy today in a e36, and his rings were really bright blue and were actually quite visible, compared to the ones me and my brother put into his e36 from autodynamic. but of course can't complain for $250, a whole set with clear corners...

I might be getting a e36 as well, and would want a kit, was thinking about one of these hella kits.

EDIT: whats the hella website? i found some hella site, but i couldn't find any headlights, just saw "lighting" and stuff like that.

See less See more
#2 ·
Xad,

I just bought a 94 325i Auto sedan so I'm a new BMW owner and I've only driven it twice in the dark so far because I'm getting all the work done on it before it becomes my daily driver. First thing I wanted was a light upgrade and I got the Hella kit (foolishly or not I don't know) for I believe about $450 but around $500 with tax and delivery a few weeks ago from Turner Motorsports website. Had it instaled last week and I absolutely love it. Entire system is bright white (rings and beams) and the low and high beams are dynamite as far as brightening the road (will have to see how that is in snow this weekend as I'm in Boston!). Rings seem to be as bright if not brighter when on with fog lamps. I'd recommend them but I recognize that I did pay a price for them and I did not do too much comparison shopping. Oh yes, chrome behind them too - so that may assist in the output. Bought a kit, did not include corners.

Let It Roll :band
94 325i sedan

#4 ·
i dont think the hella ones look good. the whole housing is reflective which looks really weird in the day and the rings are thing and small. i would go for the umnitza ones. they are the most renound company when it comes to bmw lighting. they're products are also approved by bmw. you will have to buy the ellipsoid headlights and the DDE(daylight demon eyes) seperately. theres a group buy and sale going on through the forum's sponsor, europersona. check out "the store" section

#5 ·
thanx for the help guys

I was looking into Umnitza and i found these:

http://www.umnitza.com/product_info.php?cP...products_id=123

So this is basically entire headlight assembly with DDEs...

So i'm also wondering what kinda bulbs these comes with or if they comes with any at all...

Also, why do ppl get Ellipsoids and DDEs seperate when they can buy a kit like this? Is it somewhat cheaper?

#6 ·
Ahh, I knew someone would find a better deal than I got! Not a problem though. I really was in a rush to just get it done. Definitely solicit as much advice as you can get before purchasing so you get a good read on which set to go with... I Still like mine though! That and the illumination are really what it comes down to with angel eyes! BTW - I was even wrong with my price. I paid about $550 for the set so... OK, you win some you lose some!

Let it Roll :band
94 325i

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.