BMW Werkz banner

Heating

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  WarNox 
#1 ·
last nite, it was cold driving but i know (or so i thought) that my heating didnt work, until my gf got me to try it. it was set to blow air onto the windshield, nd when i turned both knobs to hot after a while it actually got hot, to my amazement. then i tried turning so the air blows trough the front vents, but here the air would come out cold! does anyone knw whts goin on? it cnt be my heating core now, can it?

thnx!

#3 ·
Oops. You guys, I was wondering this too... There is a seperate control for that middle vent. The dual a/c for the e36 a/c seems to really be a triple. If you look below that center vent, in addition to the i/o wheel, there's a wheel that has some blue dots and red dots. That controls what comes out of that middle vent. If you turn it... uh, right (I think), so that the red dots are showing, hot air will come out. If you turn it left (I think) so that the blue dots are showing, cold air will come out. Turn it to the middle so the line is visible to get a mix.
Yeah, I know, it's weird that this is independent of the two other controls (left for driver, right for passenger), but it's also pretty nifty. More like triple zone a/c.

#4 ·
Yeah that is what it sounds like to me too(the center wheel type knob). I get heat that is plenty hot blowing right in my face if i want it.

#5 ·
I love the separate middle vent temp control. Cool air on the face while keeping the rest of the car warm and toasty in the winter is nice. I guess VW have this also.

I haven't quite figured out how to set it with the A/C though.

Greg

#6 ·
As far as I know, the only way you can control that middle vent outside of the dials is through the central ac's fan speed.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the circulate/external air button also affects the source of the middle vent.

#7 ·
thnx guys...but could bmw have possibly made it any more freaking complicated, oh well thts one thing i can cross of my 'doesn't work'/'needs fixing' list!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.