BMW Werkz banner

An / Heat

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mrkbik 
#1 ·
Hey guys New to the BMW thing and have a few questions.

My heat is not working at all I turn the knobs fully to the right (both pass and driver side) and heat is not warm at all quite cold air with blower on full. If i turn th blower off drive for about 15 or 20 min and turn the blower back on i get warm air for about 15 seconds...... Now also the AC is only part cold... enough to keep you from getting hot but is no where it needs to be.... Any ideas?

paul

94 328i

#3 ·
Hey guys.... still new to the German world of cars I am so new, in my first note i said i had a 94 328...... ment a 325... My roots are with american V8 and still own a 2000 Camaro SS ... Which is awesome and serves a total different purpose. I think i have solved my no heat problem... Replaced the heater control valve and got heat... charged the AC and got cold air. I also had strong tapping noise near the timeing chain under the valve cover the noise was not bad when it was cool but as it heated up it got worse.... figured the oil got hot an thinner and caused the noise... changed the oil to a 10-40 ( have no idea what was in ther before) and noise is gone.... have to see how it does tomorrow... Thanks for the help and Look forward to learning much more about these cars :) ... oh just found a rechargable flashlight in the glove box thats cool... never see that on american cars...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.