BMW Werkz banner

Headliner

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  azwldcats044 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how to fix a sagging headliner? My comfort relay blew at the beach and I had to drive all the way home with all 4 windows down and it started to rain, now the whole headliner is sagginf in the back. Also I have a sunroof if that makes a difference. Let me know if there are anysites that show how to do it. I will think twice next time I pimp it down daytona beach. :driving

#2 ·
fixing the headliner is best left to upholstery professionals. To fit it yourself you will need to take it down and re-apply a backing to it. Removing all the trim to do that would be a pain.

#3 ·
I always do stuff myself, so I am going to try this. I found a site with it done on a corolla and he had a sunroof, so I'm gonna give it a shot. Any other help is appreciated

#4 ·
You need to be very careful with that headliner. I just had mine professionally redone and they have to take the entire sunroof unit out to get to the panel with the sunroof upholstery. I had it done at a professional shop and they broke a peice in the sunroof unit and they had to order me an entirely new sunroof unit at like $800 bucks. i would recomend having it redone by professionals so if anything goes wrong it is there p roblem. it cost me about $420 and it is absolutley brand new i even choose a different color fabric for a costum look

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.