BMW Werkz banner

Has Anyone Been Able To Pull Their Own Codes?

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  93 325i 
#1 ·
i got a 94 325is and i have tried to pull my fault codes like 20 times, does this even work?

#2 ·
Yep...I've done it. It's really inconsistent though. I can wear my leg out trying to pull it and then, all of a sudden, I can get it to work. Not sure what the deal is.

#3 ·
really, mine worked perfect everytime I've tried it.

Put key in, turn the igntion on, but don't start

Depress gas pedal 5 times in 5 seconds

the check engine light will stay on for 5sec then off, then will blink the code.
Will repeat this until you turn it off.

#4 ·
really, mine worked perfect everytime I've tried it.

Put key in, turn the igntion on, but don't start

Depress gas pedal 5 times in 5 seconds

the check engine light will stay on for 5sec then off, then will blink the code.
Will repeat this until you turn it off
^ word.

I did this too and it worked fine for me. Make sure your car is OBD1 or else you'll need a code reader.

#6 ·
OBD= On-Board Diagnostics. Basically the car stores any kind of problem in the ECM. THe codes tell you what is wrong with your car. Since you have a 94 you can get the codes using the gas pedal method. WHat I find with my car is that you have to press the gas pedal 5 times super quick..not 5 secs. More like 1-2 seconds you have to press it by..there is a chart of codes that you will need so you know what your car is telling you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.