BMW Werkz banner

Guibo Help

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  180kbim325 
#1 ·
I just got a brand new MEYLE Guibo installed on my car about 2 weeks ago and its already crapped out on me. i know i drive it hard but i would think it would last longer than that is there any other alternitave like a stronger aftermarket one or even a better one. i dont do any launces or stand still burn out i do do some drifting and circut driving so i dont want to be puttin $60 into the drive shaft after every race. please give some help !!!!

#2 ·
are you sure its crapped up again? maybe your bolts just arent that tight, so check it again, and really, a guibio is a piece of rubber, they all should be very similar

#3 ·
yeah it shouldn't have crapped out. I took my driveshaft off and the U joints in our driveshaft usualy go too, you can fee resistance as you move them around. When i replaced my absolutly obliterated guibio a few months ago i checked out my driveshaft and it was starting to get a bad U joint in the bad but on E36's that unfortunatly means a new rebuilt driveshaft because they are not separate parts. But check all the bolts again, unless you drive harder than me, which is pretty difficult to achieve, it's probably not your guibio. U joints would be my next check

-Jack

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.