BMW Werkz banner

Guibo.. Hard to change???

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Paulie325is 
#1 ·
:confhey guys since ive had the car i havn't changed the Guibo.. i was just wondering if it was that hard to replace.. Thanks for all your help!! paulie325is

#4 ·
First make sure you need to. Is it cracked?

#5 ·
I've done guibo's, and center support bearings on a few BMW's. Shoot some penetrating fluid on the exhaust bolts, I did that as some of the bolts and studs looked like they would be easy to snap. If you do have a buddy that could help you it would save time when you have to spin the driveshaft and put it in gear, or put on the handbrake to lock it each time to get 2 bolts you couldn't reach before. Also can be helpful to have them help you undo the bolts, as you need an extension on one side of the guibo bolts to undo them or your ratchet will hit the driveshaft and not fit on properly, and holding a wrench and a ratchet with an extension on it on usually very stiff bolts isn't fun.. Don't forget to shoot penetrating fluid on the guibo bolts too.

good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.