BMW Werkz banner

Guibo

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  supark 
#1 ·
just wondering. i replaced my guibo when i got my car. e36 325i. but i mean the car was shaking like really bad when brought up to 4k rpms and stuff. and when i took out the old one, it was like ripped up and torn. JW how do u think u get that? lol. my car runs fine but is that caused by wheel hop or just aggresive driving or what? jw.

#2 ·
im confused by the post . or at least the question.

the guibo disk will cause what seems like hopping or almost like a flat tire feel. good thing you changed it. if you leave it too long you could do greater damage. ie-your driveshaft (and thats mucho denero)

#3 ·
If I've translated your post correctly - it sounds like you're wondering why your guibo is torn and if it's related to aggressive driving.

The guibo will crack and fall apart over time just from normal wear - my car has a cracked guibo and it has pretty low miles (90k) and has been ridden pretty conservatively most of its life (well until I bought it that is). I don't know if this is something unique to the E36 or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.