BMW Werkz banner

Grey Side Skirts

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  SpeedInfusion 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Just wanted to colour match my side skirts and wanted to get your opinion on the process. I seem to be leaning more towards what appears the less agressive method (http://www.geocities.com/e36rulz/sideskirts3.html) but I was wondering if anyone had attempted it before and to what success?

Also, once I've colour matched the side skirts, how difficult would it be to match the front bumper and rear end?

Thanks,

-Mitch

#4 ·
Yup, i've done it. Not sure which method you've looked at on that DIY page (which by the way is a great site. Bookmark it NOW), but i've colormatched my sideskirts via the Castrol SuperClean method. If you take your time and get the grey soaked with the degreaser ... add a little elbow grease and you've just completed a great DIY for practically nothing.

The front/rear bumpers are solid grey plastic ... as opposed to the sideskirts which are the color of your car, but with grey OVER TOP. The plastic bumpers must be painted to be colormatched. Check around for estimates from body shops ... and do a search.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.