BMW Werkz banner

Great Exhaust Found On Ebay.

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  jrhaile 
#1 ·
Bimmer Freaks.

First off this is not an eBay ad! Just my experience and I saved mucho cash.

I had a "custom exhaust" on my car for the last couple of years. Custom meaning. . .Me, tubing bender, welder, straight thru muffler. To say the least it was LOUD as hell but cool sounding. Very throaty. However my bottom end suffered greatly but my top end was awesome. Not very practicle.

Plus I was always setting off car alarms where ever I went. :p

Anyway I went to the usual palces for an exhaust but didn't want to spend the fortune they wanted (want to spend that money on suspension). So my wife said try ebay (she's a powerseller).

Well I did and found a guy selling a DTM type, stainless for $125 (you need to search unless someone says to post the ad). The guy has an awesome seller record and anything would be better than what I had. So I went ahead and did it.

Got it yesterday at 10am and it was on by 10:45. I went for a drive at 11am and didn't come home till 2pm. It was fun

I got my lowend back (very perky), top end didn't suffer too much and the sound is awesome; quite at idle but real throaty after jumping on it. The welding looks top-notch and it didn't have a scratch on it.

Since it is a DTM some cutting had to be done on the rear vallence.

Anyway, for those that want a "sporty exhaust" but don't want to spend the dough check this guy out. I know that there are a bunch of morons and d#@k heads on ebay but this guy looks like he is on the up-n-up.

Hope this helps someone that wants an exhaust but doesn't have the cash.

Chris

See less See more
#8 ·
Brian325i and Addicts,

I can say from a mechanical background that the construction and welds are solid. Top notch quality.

However there could be a "tuning" issue that Sprint exhausts likes to advertise about. I think that is all hype but who am I to say? :dunno

I don't want to sound like I am pushing the guy but you have to admit that some things we pay for as BMW owners cost 10x more JUST because it says or is for a BMW.

If we can all get, finally, affordable products for our babies than I say LET'S DO IT! :D

On that note anybody with affordable "sports springs" for me????? :p

Chris

#9 ·
Great Point Pookey, but then again these are exhaust and any top end product (UUC etc) makes at most about 8hp (correct me if I'm wrong) while these are probably make only a couple horses less. Anyways, all I'm trying to say is that difference in performance between exhausts on our cars is close to near negligable. (Unless you buy stock I suppose). My $.02

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.