BMW Werkz banner

got sunroof to work, now windows dont work! help!

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Scarface 
#1 ·
well i was driving down the road today and i kept pressing my sunroof button and well the sunroof started to open but then it clicked and stopped, so i pressed the button again and it tried to keep going but then i heard a noise coming from up front and then my makeup mirror fell out of the headliner, well come to find out there are some bars that move in there and well they are moving too far i guess and rubbing up against the metal in the very front of the roof..well the fuse blew so i replaced that but now none of my windows will roll down! i looked at the fuse box and it lists a window lift fuse but says 2 dr models only and it wasnt blown...what else could be the problem??

#4 ·
Do you have an automatic circuit breaker located on the right side of the steering wheel? It's a pic of a window with a lightening bolt. I read in the manual that the automatic cir breaker and a fuse protect the electric window motor by tripping in the event of a fault or overload. check the breaker, fuse, and relay. What model is your car?

#5 ·
that fixed her mate, thanks for the help! i cant believe i overlooked something that simple!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.