Got in an accident, about to replace everything. Need advice and input. - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 06:36 PM
Neutral Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
rborak318iS is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Got in an accident, about to replace everything. Need advice and input.

Hey folks, I'm the guy in Albuquerque New Mexico with the Black '94 318iS who got in the fender bender. You may have seen the last post (fender benders are a drag). So i think I've done as well as I possibly can with the insurance company, I got an estimate from the best body shop in town for bmw's. It will be around 3,000 dollars and the insurance company I guess is going to cut me a check for 1400. Basically what I need to do is replace the right front fender,Apparently the hood will need replacing although it's just a bit dinged up , I need new fog lights, and possibly new headlight assemblies also a new bumper along with the right blinker/running light. Since 1400 is not 3000 I will need to do this as economical as possible but I actually might do it myself. I just hope I can do it right. What I was thinking is giving it some modifications. First I could maybe do a carbon fiber hood (saw one on ebay for 550) then the m technick front bumper from bav auto ($600), oem headlight assemblies, and probably just oem fog lights unless anyone knows where to get the both eurospec assemblies for not the typical $1,000. Does anyone have any ideas and input as to how I can make this work for 1400 or less? Also would someone PLEASE TELL ME how to put pictures of my car so every time I send a reply or post a thread it will show the pics. Next reply I get I will put a link with some pictures of my damaged car so you all can get a bit better idea of what I'm dealing with. It still runs and is hardly noticable at night but i still have to fix it. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Keep it Copacetic

///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
A great place to look for parts is Bimmerforums. People are always sellign the stuff you are looking for. Headlights and that M3 bumper and basically everything. Ive seen some cheap CF hoods on bimmerforums go as cheap as $100. Some decent ones you might find used or even new for like $400. So if you shop around on Bimmerforums here is what i think you could get at what price

CF Hood - $200-$300
M3 front bumper (new) - $400 - look in group buy section
OEM Headlights (used) - $50 - or maybe even new. plenty of people sell their used ones when they upgrade to Projector headlights. You could even pick up some semi-cheap Euro projectors for like $130 on www.jlevisw.com or www.understeer.com
Fog Lights (new) - $70 - ZKW or DEPO's or OEM are basically all the same price for fogs
Corner Lights clear - $40 or corner lights used amber for like $15-$20

None of this includes paint. Your car is black so you could easily get away with an unpainted CF Hood.

Hope I didnt miss anything

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
#3 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 09:53 PM
quality

Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
eBay is not bad for simple trim stuff...
I outfitted my car with a lot of trim and functional parts from eBay
thats if yyou want to spread out your money and get the most for not alot.

check out the stuff i got for my car below; basically I got Depo Fogs and other good quality exterior lighting are easy to find for cheap on eBay. Bumpers are plently there too.

www.geocities.com/ojohnsonf/redcar2

#4 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 03:42 PM
Neutral Member

rborak318iS is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
yeah thats cheaper than i thought it would be. Of course I would be doing all of this by myself so has anyone done any of this themselves? And ahhh DELMARCO!!! I have seen your posts and you are very popular on here. Lol I am honored to have you respond to mine. I hope some day I can be as popular on here as you are. Lol, but anyway I dont think I'll do a carbon fiber hood i think it might look kind of silly. So how does one take off their hood? the front bumper and the fender, and everything else I know I could do myself but I just don't want to be driving down the road and have my front bumper fly off or hood fly open. What do you all think of those clear running lights? I think thats the "lets spend money on something that doesn't really matter" look. Anyway I hope to hear from everyone soon so take it easy and continue turning heads. AND PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO PUT THE PIC OF MY CAR UP PLLEEEEAAAASSEEEE. WEll maybe I will have to figure it out. K, see ya
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)