BMW Werkz banner

good gas & bad gas?

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  0p5 
#1 ·
I notice the manual said use 95 gas but most gas station only has 93(where I live anyway), my friend told me use mobile gas is better because they are more moist but I use BJ's gas( very cheap with the membership card)so does really matter use famous brand gas is better for your car's condition? or if you use cheap brand gas your car's condition won't last as long as the famous brand gas?

#3 ·
nope......there are federal standards that every supplier must abide by in the U.S. From what I know, there are a few other additives that mobile 1, sunoco, etc.... big name brands do put in to help... but none of the gas is going to harm your car.

#4 ·
Lowest octane you can live with is the best.

To raise octane the gasoline companies will use additives.

MTBE which is the best is now being phased out.

Coming in is the Methanol or Ethanol.

The last time, in the 1970s, they tried it we had cars being scrapped since repairs were to expensive. The first signs are being seen on the usual forms messages.

Fuel pump check valves failing and injector pintals being pitted.

Later,

#6 ·
Not sure what kind of a BMW you have....most suggest 91, but that is overkill. 89 will give you a slight performance boost over 87, but pretty much any grade is fine for driving.

PS - Where do you live? It's really hard to find 93 down here in Southern California.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.