Getting windows tinted today... - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 01:49 PM
3rd Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
kyle_baker is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to kyle_baker Send a message via MSN to kyle_baker Send a message via Yahoo to kyle_baker Send a message via Skype™ to kyle_baker
(Thread Starter)
Getting windows tinted today...

any else ever had the window tinting guy complain about tinting your windows cause the way the windows raise and drop on the 2 doors?? I hope mine don't start to come loose at the bottom since they drop and all. i have to go pick it up in a second and i hope opening the door a few times won't mess it up, everyone cross your fingers, haha, $160.00. i'll try to attach some before and after pictures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 03:22 PM
3rd Gear Member

tomctx is an unknown quantity at this point
They don't drop but an inch or two do they? I wouldn't think that would hurt anything. Course, I don't do glass for a living. You could always have him not tint the bottom 2 inches.

1995 325I, window tint, K&N, debaffled airbox, BMW #104 wheels, Nighthawk low beams, smoked side markers, smoked corners, smoked taillights, M3 stlye heated mirrors, various interior bits, Bosal cat-back.
#3 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 03:28 PM
Power Shifting

Cruzin 323is is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Cruzin 323is
not only e36 2doors came with that feature... tons of cars also have it...

they wouldnt have taken the job, if it would have been a problem...

-SOLD..
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2229108/1 *UPDATED 8.25.06*
R.I.P Fast 6

stuff for sale on my e36.. CHeck it out!
http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/aft...e36-49128.html
#4 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 04:57 PM
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to kyle_baker Send a message via MSN to kyle_baker Send a message via Yahoo to kyle_baker Send a message via Skype™ to kyle_baker
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomctx
They don't drop but an inch or two do they? I wouldn't think that would hurt anything. Course, I don't do glass for a living. You could always have him not tint the bottom 2 inches.
haha, mine only drops about a quarter of an inch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzin 323is
not only e36 2doors came with that feature... tons of cars also have it...

they wouldnt have taken the job, if it would have been a problem...
yeah, they told me that a few other cars they knew of and had tinted before did that, can't remember which ones, firebirds maybe? not sure. but anyways, they got it tinted just fine. looks great! just need to wash my car, haha. i spent most of the day after getting it back just cleaning the inside out and taking care of my leather and polishing up my dash

i took some pics, i just need to resize them before i post them. i'll try to post some before and after pics so everyone thinking about tinting can see the difference it makes. $160.00 tinted all te way around (exception of front windowshield of course :P), but i didn't think that was too much since i have had plenty of experienc tinting windows with friends using the cheap kind you get at the autoparts stores or walmart. those tints are a pain.

well i'll post some pics in a bit, apologies in advanced for the dirty car, haha.
#5 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 05:27 PM
3rd Gear Member

(Thread Starter)

theres just a few pics i took, shows the effect of the tint. i'm gonna take several more pictures tomorrow when i have my car washed and can take it for a ride out on the parkway and get a nice view behind the car.
#6 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 03:09 PM
n00b

Tiny2u is on a distinguished road
Tint looks great! what brand and what % film is that? I've got an alpine white E36 and I'm trying to figure out what tint is going to look the best. I want a classy look and not a blacked out look. I had the Lumar 50% reflective in my last car and liked it, but i don't think the reflective stuff will look good on a white car.

BTW I live in lil' Rhody where the cops are a PITA when it comes to tinting.
#7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 07:26 PM
3rd Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny2u
Tint looks great! what brand and what % film is that? I've got an alpine white E36 and I'm trying to figure out what tint is going to look the best. I want a classy look and not a blacked out look. I had the Lumar 50% reflective in my last car and liked it, but i don't think the reflective stuff will look good on a white car.
yeah, thanks for the compliments! i'm not sure exactly what kind is on my car, all i know is the guy put 20% on all of the windows except the front of course, and it isn't too dark but just dark enough in my opinion. i wanted it alittle dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny2u
BTW I live in lil' Rhody where the cops are a PITA when it comes to tinting.
in north carolina, i think passenger cars ar allowed no darker than 35% on any windows, larger vehicles can have 35% on two front sides, and black out the others if they want. i'm not sure what rhode island does tho, haha, nc is kind of relaxed about tint except in like the charolotte area and some state troops just have no life and like to take advantage of their authority, haha, i personally don't like the tint that is different colors or fades from silver to black or whatever, but thats just a personal preference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)