BMW Werkz banner

Gauge Cluster Problem

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  BMWGuy325i 
#1 ·
I just recently installed new gauges in my car. I put my gauge cluster back in and I try to turn them on and it makes a buzz sound and my corner lights dont work or my tails. headlights are fine. this is only when I try to turn on my gauges. So I turn them off and my tails and corners work. I disconnect the cluster and turn my lights on... everything works. Im guessing its a short in the cluster. Any ideas?

Its not any of the light bulbs. checked em. Also anyone know where the buzz is coming from?

#2 ·
Sounds like you hooked something up wrong or have some wires touching. Is it a buzz like you left the lights on?

#5 ·
No its not a new cluster. Original. I try to put on gauges new ones. I put the cluster back in and it screws with the corner/tail lights when I turn on the lights. when everything is off. everything works fine. when the lights are on, my corners dont blink and tails are on. weird shit. so I took the gauges off and had my originals and its half way orange when on. Think its shorted

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.