BMW Werkz banner

Is This Full M3 Kit A Good Deal?

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  supark 
#1 ·
I want to buy a full m3 body kit but I don't know anything about them.

I am looking for something cheap but good quality.

This auction LOOKS like its just what I need.

The price seems right (or can I get them for cheaper?). And it says the quality is good. My girlfriends stepdad is a painter so I can make it look right. I was even thinking about getting him to cut out another spot on the rear spoiler for dual exhaust.

Someone please tell me if this is a good deal or not and if I should buy it!

Thankyou!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...ssPageName=WDVW

#3 ·
do not buy that kit. it is cheap for a reason - fiber glass kits suck! it will break easily, will be tough to repair and who know if it will be tough to install. fitment might be an issue. save your money and buy an oem kit. best quality and excellent fitment.

#4 ·
A full body kit for less than a good real front bumper. Obviously something is wrong. In general I do not trust ebay. I do my research and if it looks ok I get it, but fiberglass? All I have heard about it is bad stuff. Save the money and get the real thing.

#5 ·
I personaly wouldnt go for it. At the end you will find yourself paying more for a new kit.

#6 ·
fiberglass sucks total ass man.....learn from my 500 dollar mistake......don't do it!

#7 ·
No way you should buy that man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A friend of mine bought this sort of thing for his 318i 2 door and it looks shit. I mean, the bumpers do not even fir straight. Do not get it.
If you really badly want it you're better off getting something second hand, it will definitely be more expensive but hey, who ever said BMWs were cheap.

#8 ·
fiberglass doesn't automatically equal crap - depends on how it's laid down (I think the fiber method is better than using sheets - not sure though).

That said - those ebay kits are usually so cheap because they require an enormous amount of time on your end to make them anywhere close to being ready for paint. Usually you want to reinforce stuff like that with more fiberglass, smooth down seams in the panels, and then on top of that you'll need to reseal the pieces in order to be able to lay paint down on them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.