BMW Werkz banner

Front Camber Replace

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Ian-advance 
#1 ·
Just got 97' 328is, noticed slight pull/drift at highway speeds. found out front camber is off. bmw says, when I brought it for tune up, that camber is "close to pass range" after full allignment performed. Also, front camber on E36 is "unadjustable". I posted a question here a few days ago and was advised to get camber plates replaced. What I would like to know is has anyone had this work done on their E36, and did it work etc. Also, where in the boston area is this work most advisably performed [cost, reliability]? Thanks!

#2 ·
Best thing I can tell you about that... either get the things replaced... or start looking in other directions... another often cause of a pull to the left or right is a bent front control arm... its a very very common happening... check all of your bushings too.. if a bushing is worn way beyond limits... meanings its about to fall off... that will cause left and right pulls. The replacements are not exspensive... and does not take long if you know what your doing.

Good Luck,

Les

#4 ·
This problem is frustrating, thank you for the advice. I wasn't told about a problem with the controll arm when the dealer tuned it up. They did mention the front camber though. I guess there is only one way to find out. I think that I will just bring it in again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.