Front Camber PLates on a 95 325I ? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2007, 08:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car: 1995 BMW 325I
Photos:
325IConvertible is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to 325IConvertible
Front Camber PLates on a 95 325I ?

Most of you know I have a 1995 325I Convertible that in the past 2 months I have put new H&R springs and Bilstein shocks on. I ran into a few suspension problems along the way like needing to replace lower control arms and bushings so that I went ahead and did along with a new strut hat because I was told the whole strut was turning and it couldnt be aligned.
Today I took the car to have the Car realigned since I just bought new tires and we had a little trouble , I told the guy its been lowered and he said he understood that but for some reason the front was giving us some problems. While at the alignment shop I called up Turnermotorsports ( where I have bought everything ) and talked to a tech there... I also let him talk to the guy at the shop and the guy at turner said this car is having a wacky reading up front and I need to buy the front Camber plate kit for my Car.
Have any of yall had this problem with the simple Front ' spring and strut " Rear spring and shock instalation ???????
I'm being told im going to have to remove the front struts once again in this problem which im not looking forward to but understand its going to need to be done.
Besides Turner is there a better place to buy this product ?
And what do yall know about this situation.

Any info would be great

Thanks David

1995 325I Convertible
2002 Corvette Z06
1969 SS 396 Camaro
325IConvertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2007, 08:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Keep it Copacetic

Car: 1995 BMW M3
Photos:
///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
David I appreciate the PM about this topic.

I'm very suspicious as to why you are requiring front camber plates. I also run H&R Sport springs with Bilstein sport shocks and am not required to have camber plates. Did they tell you why or what the specific problem was? To put in camber plates you indeed do need to remove the front strut coil assembly (but will not need to dismantle the strut assembly). It's not a very complicated process if you know what you're doing.

Camber plates are unecessary for you. They serve the purpose to adjusst camber, and most people purchase these if their cars are very low and have extreme camber (usually -1.5 or more). With your setup you should be fine. Have a different shop look at it. It's probably a simple installation error. Maybe a spring hat is loose or maybe your top shock mounts are bad.

Can you explain in more detail the description of the problem or readings they are giving you?

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
///M Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 09:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Sodium Chloride

Car: 95 M3
Photos:
saltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to saltshaker185 Send a message via MSN to saltshaker185
Also, thanks for the PM, I'm here anytime...

it's kind of hard to diagnosis what your mechanic is having a problem with, without actually seeing the problem or having more details. My guess would be that because our cars are only adjustable through the toe, as long as an alignment is concerned, that the mechanic worrying about the camber not being in stock specs? If i were you i would take it to another shop and try and see what they say... As Eric mentioned, it may be that the installation of the of the strut hat isnt tight, or some minor installation error is throwing off the alignment... If you can find out more information on what exactly is wrong, we would be able to help you a bit more but as long as camber plates go, you truly do not need to install them with your setup. Unless you plan on adjusting camber and such for racing reasons, it is unwise to have them on a street car. Turner does not have to be your only source for parts (although i personally like them alot). I would also look into Ground Control as well as what Understeer.com offers.

Before all others of course it may be wise to check out the werkz vendors and see if they wont cut you a deal on some plates. but once again, i highly doubt they would be needed.
saltshaker185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 05:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Photos:
Thanks To both of you for your reply. All I know is the rear lined up perfect and passenger side lined up pretty dam near perfect but was said to be slightly out of wack at the moment but they left it to where it was because the other side was out and they wanted to kind of transition it if that makes sense. Everything as I said from the Struts to the Coils to the lower control arms/bushings and ball joints have been replaced. Even the strut hats have been replaced. You mentioned a -1.5 . The guy stuck is on the machine and when he did so thats exactlly what the drivers side lined up to be. I put the guy at the alignment shop on the phone with Tech at turner and thats what made the guy at turner tell me what was needed. He said for some reason the drivers side is thrown off and it seems we need to go with the camber plates. I will call him back today and try and get better info Thanks to both of you

1995 325I Convertible
2002 Corvette Z06
1969 SS 396 Camaro
Old 10-11-2007, 01:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Keep it Copacetic

Car: 1995 BMW M3
Photos:
///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
I think your problem probably lies in the installation of your other suspenion parts. For example your control arms, control arm bushings. What bushings did you purchase?

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
///M Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 06:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Photos:
I dont remember when I get home I will take a look. Turnermotorsports said Verts are common for this problem.

1995 325I Convertible
2002 Corvette Z06
1969 SS 396 Camaro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)