BMW Werkz banner

Front Bumper

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  ridikuledind 
#1 ·
So the other day i was driving my 1995 318is and i came around a corner and hit a small animal in the road. It broke my fog light, the bracket, ripped out the inner fender well, cracked part of the bumper, and ripped off part of the plastic guard that is underneath the bumper. So now i dont know what to do. I can get a stock bumper, install a m3 bumper (but then i have to buy all the other m3 bumper parts), or install a fibergalss bumper. I was wondering what most of you would recommend doing. I also wanted to know that if a put a aftermarket fibergalss bumper on, whill i need to replace most of the plastic parts?

#7 ·
Originally posted by Aggieland81@Apr 7 2004, 07:21 PM
i am next year, i live in austin right now
Austin Rocks :rock stay in UT A&M is way out in the BFE!!!
Now NYC Rocks :rock but too many FU(ken potholes can't go fast. :pissed2
After this winter now I only got 3 matching rims SOB.
Go with M3 front the cover, is only $75 more then the one you got yes OEM I got mine for $275 that's with a 25% off(if you have a shop tax ID#) if you know some one works there 30% off. Good luck.

Attachments

#9 ·
I suppose answering the original question would be helpful too. I say call wrecked BMW yards and buy a stock 92 bumper from them. Take out the main plastic trim and install some mesh, and cut out plastic over the brake ducts. Looks almost exactly like M3 bumper but costs much less. For the other parts, I suggest an aluminum underpanel. It combines all the plastic parts underneath into one solid aluminum piece, and also comes with different mounting points, so the wheel well damage shouldn't matter.

#10 ·
Not to argue, but i don't think the oem bumper looks much like the M3 bumper. The M3 bumper is much more agressive and makes the car appear lower to the ground. If you have the scratch to make that happen, i say go for it!! :p

BTW, have any idea what you hit, hope it was a cat. Found one sitting on my trunk at a friends house the other day and upon getting off, it scratched the F@#k out of it...

#12 ·
This illustration really blows, but pics can't show everything. The horizontal lines that start on the outside of the dual kidneys continues throughout the entire front bumper and those are real brake ducts. Plus the lower lip extention like i said gives it a lower, more aggressive look. So yes, i do know the dfference.

Attachments

#13 ·
Whatever you decide get oem, because if you had a fiberglass bumper it would have been gone, you hit it with abs plastic. Personally I like the M3 bumper more aggressive than the 92 bumper.

#14 ·
Im thinking the OEM M3 bumper will be best for my car. If i have to replace my bumper and paint it, i guess i should up grade it too. Thanks for all the help. BTW i hit a big fat cat. I hated cats befor but now i really hate them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.