BMW Werkz banner

Found a M3 rear bumper, CHEAP PRICE....

4K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  bimmerfan620 
#1 ·
Hey guys, below is the pic I found while searching ebay for bmw parts, and I saw this. $180.00 + $100.00 for shipping, and you get a 7 layer flex fiberglass bumper of an M3. It is said to be of the highest quality, and the bumper fits directly and exactly up to the stock mounting holes with no problems. I contacted the seller and got a reply about that. But looking at the pic, and I've seen some really cheap M3 style bumpers on ebay for $99 that are a joke, I wanted to get your opinions on the burgandy BMW's rear M3 bumper on if it has an actual Valence, or if it is the cheapass one peice bumper that has a fake valence for looks??? I think it is real, but you really can't tell...

these are the images of the bumper I wanted to get your opinions on if this bumper has a true lower valence, or if it is the same as the picture below these two..

Below is the image of the cheap M3 bumper that is extremely nasty, there is no real valence, it is all molded into the bumper to look that way.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like one piece to me. Did you ask the seller about the valence?

#3 ·
no i didn't........I should though... cause I spent wayyy more on a real M3 bumper than $280.00 and I am thinking if i can get an exact replica for that cheap i might sell my m3 rear for $500.00 to save my ass a few hundred..

#4 ·
e-mailed the guy, awaiting an answer as to whether or not the bumper is real or a fakeass ALL molded into one peice of junk.......

#5 ·
hey bro!! i suggest that you dont go for it.. why? because i live in malaysia where there are plenty of fibre body works (because the original bodykits are way to expensive, i think i told u that before!! :D)..

so, one thing is, for M3 bumpers, it is a one piece bumper. Meaning, it will be very obvious when u spray paint it. The picture you posted is may not be a legit one as the bumper lip (which is supposed to be a separate one if its original) doesnt look like its one piece. Trust me, ive seen alot of fibre m3 bumpers over here in malaysia, and they are just not worth it. Because its an obvious fake. Trust me on this, it will look ugly..

That's why i opt for ACS bumpers and not M3, because acs does not have any separate pieces.

AND, USD180.00 is TOO DARN EXPENSIVE.. man, 7layers of fibre? so what? it is still the same dude..it is still fibre..

AND, if the the fibre mouldings are too thick (too many layers) , it is a well known problem as it wont have a direct fit, because the size is too big. A few of my close friends all had this problem fitting replica fibre M3 bumpers.

#6 ·
and OH!!, just look at the unsprayed bumper..forgot to mention that even the rubber moulding is one piece together with the bumper.. so when u get it painted, the black (rubber moulding section) will not have the rubber look and therefore it will look fake..

#7 ·
yeah, i hear ya..... The unpainted lower pics I got off a different auction... the top ones were from a guy that supposably sells a lot of them from japan.... but i don't know for sure... I just don't trust it if it is a one peice... man, I might just go with the Zeemax kit and sell my Front and rear M3 bumpers for $700 painted cosmos black..

#9 ·
well................exactly what you said break... stanka$$ bumper isn't worth a darn...
just got this reply back from him a few minutes ago.... what a peice..

Dear Sir,

The molding strips and the rear diffuser are not remoable. They
are made togethre with the bumpers.

Thanks,
Jaspen

#10 ·
Yeap, its the normal fibre M3 replica bumpers.. they cant really mould the the real thing..

you see, to mould a replica M3 bumper, they have to make a mould of the original one. What they do is to apply the mould ingredients on top of the original bumper, and hmm, shape it..something like that.. so in turn, the space is actually bigger than the original..

therfore its not really worth it giving that it has so many drawbacks.

#11 ·
yeah, well, for my cosmetics, i'm trying to make my car look as clean as possible without spending a fortune, which is what i've come to do... I have the actual BMW M3 original bumpers, fronts on the car, and the rear hasn't been painted or installed, so I'm thinking about changine the style of my car with the zeemax kid Front and rear instead of the M3s... Soo, maybe i'll sell the M3s then if someone shows any interests...

#13 ·
Screw those they would probably be more expensive to paint the diffuser and mouldings a different color. And it would look like crap.

#14 ·
yes, exactly my point, and it would be such terrible quality, standing next to a real M3 you could pick out the phony in no time....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.