BMW Werkz banner

A Few Things I've Been Wondering...

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  preyash 
#1 ·
1. In my 318i, there is no button to lock or unlock the doors ... is the intended method simply locking/unlocking one of them which makes everyone do the same..?

2. is the only difference between a 318i and a 318is (328i, 328is ect.. ) the 2 or 4 doors?

3. Does the 50/50 Handling thing that BMW brags about apply to the e36 modles too?

4. Is there any advantage to having the dealership change your oil?

....thank you

#7 ·
1. in 4 door cars if u pull either of the front two door lock things all 4 doors will open.

2. i always thought "is"'s came with more 'goodies', otherwise optional things.

3. yes

4. i dont think anyone will do ur oil change as good as u will at home, no one else has the time to wait around for 1/2 hour and let it all drip out.

#9 ·
Ivan said:
the 318is has a sportier suspension than the 318i. the is models (325, too) sit about an inch lower than the i models.
your funny IVAN
i saw ur sig. haha

and yea chaosbunny the later e36 models come with a switch but we are unlucky as ours are pre 1996, which lack the different front bumpers, the automatic climate control and the switch for the central locking, also all the e36 after 1996 came with 8 speaker sound system including the 318. so it sucks for us but we are lucky cuz we are driving the same shape cars even if its 1992, we will look the same, as the person who is driving the 1999 e36 so its a very good thing to be proud owners of the e36.

#10 ·
preyash said:
...we will look the same, as the person who is driving the 1999 e36 so its a very good thing to be proud owners of the e36.
they'll look cooler coz they've got those cool clear tail lights haha and im sure the shape and the front grills are slightly different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.