BMW Werkz banner

Few questions with my 325i

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  louisville_325 
#1 ·
Ok... so I just bought this car and I have several questions...

pics are here

All the tires are past worn so I'll need to get a new set. I don't know much about which tires to get and what not, all i know is that the rims are 17's.

Also.. when I am traveling around 40mph.. i get this rattleing noise coming from the right rear side of the vehicle, at first i thought it was the shock mounts(which need to be replaced also) but the sound sounds like it's coming from more head level... although there is nothing there...

And for the life of me I can't seem to understand how this Climate Control stuff works, I have the duel climate control for each side of the car.. but then i also have the knob for cold at hot at the top.. this knob seems to always be the one in control of the temperature.

Antother thing... when I am traveling around 15mph... There is a loud deep sound coming from the rear of the vehicle.. I seem to have become imune to the sound already but my passengers always complain about it, I don't beleive it's the brakes because it still makes the sound even if i'm coasting in neutral or accelerating from a stop.

Also i noticed that behind my accel pedal there is some sort of nail that acts as a stopper so i can press the pedal all the way down... Does this come stock with the car? or did someone put it there.. and if so, why?

Help would be appreciated for my new car :)

1995 325i, 5spd, 140k miles

See less See more
#2 ·
for the climate control to do anything you must also adjust the temp area you want for your zone. using the fan can help some too but the knobs are where that is at... i don't know anything about the rest.

There is a button type thing under the pettal. Just push harder. i belive this is part of the kick down system on automatics. but won't swear to anything....

#3 ·
The knob under the big center vent is the one that matters most if its on red the air will be warm. As for the noise in the rear its probably a wheel bearin, I had the same problem, kind of like a droaning? Not sure on the one at the head level, I have heard that the rear fold down seats rattle, if you have those try putting a piece of tape on the plastic part on the back of the seat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.