BMW Werkz banner

A Few Questions 325i

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Avlany 
#1 ·
Heyas again guys. I hope you don’t mind me asking the same questions someone else probably asked. I’ll post them acompanied by pics. My car is E36 325I 1995 (4 doors :D , waiting for Torque to comment this). Ok, here we go:

On this picture 2&3 will be changed for, I guess AC Schnitzer type for look.
The question what is #4 and how to correct the crappy look of #1

How this mess can be fixed ? (car is dirty, dont look at it) This is a paint coming off. I was thinking to change it for CF but cant find any good deal (a few i found is way over my budget). Also its sad but look like i gonna have to repaint a whole car :cry ( Any rough estimate for Los Angeles would be great)

I am looking to replace those parts, but i have no idea where to get those or at least how to call it in english.

This is what I curently have. Manufactorer of rims is unknow (I couldnt find at least, car came with it) but 2 rims are deformed so guess I gonna have to replace all 4. Not sure about tires. Those are BFGoodrich g-Force T/A (235/45 ZR 17 93w M+S ). Any advise would be nice. One more thing about wheels is that when I doing a deep turn, my tires scratching the insides of the fender (plastic ones) as well as it even damaged its metal part a little.

This is my curent light. I want to change front for Euro type angel eyes ( 1 piece with corners) and not sure about tail (but not Alteza). What would fit my car and where better get it ?

Now, it came to interrior. B)
#1 will be changed for something like this. What do you think about those ? I just dont like stock light.
#2 will be changed as well becouse it look messy due to usage ( I dont really want reacing wheel couse its ugly).
#3 (Knobs/booths) will be changed for AC Schnitzer aluminium.
#4 Well, I am still thinking to get racing bucket-seats (for the weight reduction).
#5 This part need some love as well, I dunno what am I going to do with it yet thought.
#6 (Pads) I removed that damn plastic gas pedal, now need to make the a platform for pedal cover (somehow), will be all 3 AC Schnitzer pedal set.
#7 I am planing to replace those M3 carpets for Aluminuim racing-style floor cover.

Unfortunately i dont have any pics of my suspension and exhaust, but a shoping list for those would be very much appreciated (where/what and how much) :D I think I still have a stock ones exept my exhaust have some sort of custom tip (sound hard, all allarms in my garage goes off when I am leaving :devil ).

Any advises/sugestions are more than welcome. I an totaly uncertain how much could al lthis stuff be.

Thank you guys in advance.

See less See more
#2 ·
1: I am not sure what that is either(check a repair manual. I recommend buying the Bentley manual), to get #4 looking better buy a new one i guess

2: Painting the whole car is going to be very spendy. I am having a fender replaced an painted and it is costing $1000 if you take away the fender price$240 and some labor thats around $400-500 just for the front fender, think about the rest of the car.

3: i can't remember the name of the part but I would buy a new one if oyu don't want the faded look. Try the dealer or bavauto.com.

4: Your tires are a bit big, optional equipment size by BMW is 235/40/17. New wheels look around until you find what you want. If you want real wheels and not replica expect $350+ a wheel. If you don't care and wnat replicas $100-250 a wheel but replica quality can vary so do your research. Check tirerack.com, aaarims.com, thewheelexchange.com, as well as classified here, on the internet, and in bmw magazines(roundel is a good one).

5: the one piece lights do not look good IMO. I have not seen a good quality brand yet either. Check out our sponsor jlevisw.com, umnitza.com, and bavauto.com. Inpro are basically bad, DEPO are mid range, and ZKW are best, although I have not seen any in person so choose what you want, I decided on DEPO ones eventually. Lots of tail light choices too from euro OEM style to the new led lights check into those at the smae sites plus bekkers.com and M3motorwerks.com.

6: ok i will try to keep this organized
1 - the amber color is stock on every bmw and kinda a signature, i don't knwo that i would want to change it but you can try some of those sites i have above and they may have something, (bavauto.com?)
2 - look into the newer e46 wheel i am not sure they fit but i have heard of people wanting to try that.
3 - You knob looks like it is good condition and leather if you change that out post it in the classifieds I am in the market for one
4 - racing seats are real expensive, but i like the sparco ones. If you are just doing it for weight a real racing seat is what you want it you want a better seat look into the M3 vader seats, in black they are pretty easy to find.
5 - You may be able to redye the armrest but i can't tell. You could proabbly get it redone in new leather for pretty cheap also. I have it and my fathers M3 doesn't I like it, he wants one. Moral - don't get rid of it.
6 - I like the Ac Schnitzer pedals get the real ones from bavauto.com not the replicas on ebay. Hamann makes a nice one too along with bavarian one.
7 - I don't like the racing floor but that is personal taste, I think that should be one of the last things to do.

7: check out turnermotorsport.com for some of that stuff all bavauto.com has stuff too. I have ordered from turner and bavarian before and had no problems.

Ok that took me like 20 minutes I hope you find at least something useful there. Let me know if you have any questions. I have learned quite a bit from coming here, but there are people hear that know alot more than me. check the search function and read all you can.

#3 ·
Thanks alot for your time bud. Ill check those sites you said, maybe il lfind something not "BMW"sh expansive :naughty. Thanks again, I am sure this info will help. Anyways, its like live and learn :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.