You Can Has A Custom Title!!
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Jackson MS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, so we can rule out any problems related to the swap.
Read this whole post before doing any of the steps.
Give this a shot.
1. Get in the car and insert the key, DO NOT TURN IT.
2. Press and hold the odometer reset
3. Turn the key to the first position
4. Release the odometer reset button when you see Test something on the cluster.
5. The odometer is going to start showing several different numbers. If I recall they are the vin and some other information. Ignore all of that. The speedo etc are all going to go up and down and do some other creepy stuff. At the end, if the cluster is still good, it should show the mileage again.
**Disclaimer**: If the cluster is bad, other parts of it may stop working as a result of running this test. This includes but is not limited to functionality of your tach or speedo. This will not break a good cluster, but could break a bad cluster worse. I nor anybody else is responsible in the case of any of the above happening. Replacing the cluster with a good compatible cluster should resolve any and all problems that occur after doing the above test.
** End Disclaimer**
Let us know if fuel injector cleaner sorts out your other problem.