BMW Werkz banner

Fair Price For Repair

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Furious 
#1 ·
I need a new radiator and hoses. What would be a fair price for labor and parts on this? Thanks!

#3 ·
3 hours? that sounds a little high to me. Radiator should be a couple hundred if you get a good quality radiator. So lets say $300 on the high side for the radiator. Then i would say 1-2 houirs of work for the radiator. It doesn't look like it's too hard to get to especially if the mechanic knows bmws. So at max $75 per hour. That means a max of $450 for the radiator is the most I would pay. Anything less then that of course is better, as long as they aren't screwing you with a cheap radiator. I would trust anything between $200 and $300 for the radiator or right around there (ie $175 would be ok too).

#6 ·
rads are around 275-375 in USD , and the labor is next to nothing. i can do a rad in less than half an hour, so id say they will charge you an hour to hour and half for labor, dont forget they have to test the car and bleed the system.
do you really need new hoses? are yours getting soft? if so then yes get some new ones, if they still have some stiffness to them , than why bother. also dont forget you gotta pay for the coolant

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.