BMW Werkz banner

Factory Fitted Alarm

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  frank3 
#1 ·
I have a 97 323I with a factory fitted alarm. When i purchased the car i didnt know it had an alarm until i got the keys there was an alarm fob with it. After looking around the car i found the main alarm box under the glove box. All the wires are disconnected. I connected them up and the alarm sounded stright away. Ive been told i need to re program the alarm. Does anyone have any ideas on this??

Smoker

#2 ·
I think that the previous owner had disconnect the alarm, because of a failure. Maybe one of the sensors (e.g. engine bay, where a sensor looks if the hood is closed) is activated or damaged.

I've never heard about re-programming an alarm, maybe someone else could tell!

#4 ·
You must remove the chip from the the alarm fob and place it in the actual alarm. It then programs the "brain" and will work again.

#6 ·
I agree w/dutchbmw...sounds like there's a sensor failure that's causing the alarm to go off...probably not in the alarm module, but somewhere around the car. If you can settly for the fob acting as an automatic door opener and can do without the alarm feature, you may be able to connect ony some of the wires to make that function (not sure which ones, though).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.