BMW Werkz banner

Exhaust Manifold Failure

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  spieluhr 
#1 ·
hey all, my check engine light came on and i took it to the local mechanic and he read my OBDII codes. Came up with two codes that read something like Exhaust manifold failure or something of the sort. Which sounds to me to be a lot like an O2 sensor failure. Does anyone else here have any other ideas? Is this sensor totally necessary? I know it would greatly help my MPG which would probably cover the cost of the part. How hard is it to install? Thanks for any other insight you can give me.

#2 ·
Originally posted by spieluhr@Mar 22 2005, 08:46 PM
hey all, my check engine light came on and i took it to the local mechanic and he read my OBDII codes. Came up with two codes that read something like Exhaust manifold failure or something of the sort. Which sounds to me to be a lot like an O2 sensor failure. Does anyone else here have any other ideas? Is this sensor totally necessary? I know it would greatly help my MPG which would probably cover the cost of the part. How hard is it to install? Thanks for any other insight you can give me.
[snapback]316645[/snapback]​
which vehicle are you talking about? If it's the '93, you have one sensor. If it's the '96, you have four sensors. The OBD codes usually say "sensor" rather than "manifold". Never heard that one before, maybe someone else?

#3 ·
im talking about my 96 328is. i no longer have the 93 325is. I don't know exactly what the mechanic said which is my fault, he cleared the codes before I could see exactly what it said. but it was something along the lines of "exhaust manifold failure" or something of the sort.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.