BMW Werkz banner

Exhaust Filler / paint???

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  e36surge 
#1 ·
My exhaust looks like crap at the moment, as you can see from the pictures. It works and sounds perfect but I need to do something as it's spoiling the look of my car.

I'm gonna attempt to sand off most of the rust, filler it, paint it black and add a chrome tip. (the cheapest option i know!!!)

My questions are, what filler do i use and do i have to use a special paint (high temp like caliper paint or something)??

Also does anyone know if a M3 rear diffuser will fit my bumper? (see bumper pic)

Thanks if you can help

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Sounds like a lot of effort. Even after sanding and panting with high temp paint your looking at maybe 3 months before everything goes back to the way it is now. As far as filler is concerned that won't work as the expansion and contraction of the exhaust metal will crack the filler in now time. Again all your work down the drain. Save a few bucks including the money spent on paint and filler and get yourself a stainless muffler. Then you be blinging.... :)

Bonne Chance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.