euro plate - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 06:16 PM
3rd Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Montizzle is a glorious beacon of light Montizzle is a glorious beacon of light Montizzle is a glorious beacon of light Montizzle is a glorious beacon of light Montizzle is a glorious beacon of light
(Thread Starter)
euro plate

hey guys i wanna order this euro plate. do i need to buy a bracket or anything of the sort to mount on the front of my car? also do i need to register the plate at the DMV? thanks

99 Dakar M3
|Conforti|Sharked|TC Kline SA|DEPO||BBS|M50 MANIFOLD|UUC|DDM|SPARCO|OEM X BRACE||SSK|ECS TUNING|MISHIMOTO|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 08:15 PM
Teh Peetsa Gai

ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute
Where are you? Are you required to have a front plate? If not, then you will need a plate frame, you can usually get them from the same place that you get the actual plate. You do not need to get the plate registered or anything crazy like that.
If you are required to "display" a front plate, it will depend on the police in your area. If they care, and you don't display the front plate, you may get a ticket. Of course there are many ways to display your front plate, but the usual spot is preferred. Everything else is kinda frowned upon, to a certain extent.

'86 325es (TURTL3): PJ peetsa hawler
'87 535is (BADWATER): almost done... really.
'86 325e (GRN HLL): DD/show/rocket
'04 x3 3.0i: Wife's Bimmer (manual, woot!)
My BMW Blog
#3 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 09:07 PM
The Messican

MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MiguelACA
i have my front plate up on the dash, keeps the cops happy

A morning of awkwardness is better than a night of loneliness
#4 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 11:43 PM
mdc
1st Gear Member

mdc is on a distinguished road
mine's underneath the philippine plates . . .. no need to register them as long as you have your local plates seen/exposed
#5 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 12:25 AM
LYFE SUCK5

Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Ivan
i had one, but then i decided it was kinda lame, like i was pretending to be european or something.
#6 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 03:11 AM
mdc
1st Gear Member

mdc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan
i had one, but then i decided it was kinda lame, like i was pretending to be european or something.
bmw is european anyway so no problem - that is why we have what we call JDM, EUDM, and USDM markets

and cars, although same model and brand, vary depending on what version it is. bmw is no exception - american and european version

mine is european version - how do i know? - the parklight test and so with my clear signals, tails and so on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)